Metabolism in nutrition is viewed as synthesis of all compounds needed by human’s cells. This process has a fat burning potential. Thanks to this activity we burn our calories including excess fat.
There are a number of tips that may help to burn extra callories:
- Stress slows down metabolisms therefore it is better to keep calm.
- Make an extra set of exercises during the day. Just 2.5 minutes of exercises during the day may burn extra 200 calories.
- Regular exercises change DNA for better boost metabolism.
- Eat 6 times a day but with small portions. If one eats a few times a day but with larger portions it may lead to calories preservation by body.
- Do cardio. Not only cardio activities help to burn fat but also additional calories can be burnt straight after the work out was finished.
- Add intervals to cardio. It helps to burn additional calories.
- Light snacks before bed may help to boost metabolism slightly. This is due to abilities of blood sugar levels to drag metabolism.
- Dark chocolate in small quantities, cayenne, ginger and cinnamon can pep up natural metabolism.
- More water and green tea drinking can increase metabolism as well.
- Better sleep is a good way not to gain excess weight. In other words, weight gain can occur because of lack of quality sleep.
- Almonds, walnuts and cashews can give a little boost.
- Whole grains consumption is a benefit. Not only they make us feel full but also require thorough chewing which gives an additional 10% calorie burning in comparison to many other meal intakes.
- Food cut into larger slices requires more chewing which leads to extra energy consumption giving additional increase of metabolism.